via DaveyD’s Facebook…again:
Jimmie Brown, a cousin of Oscar Grant, a 22-year-old Hayward man shot to death on New Year’s Day, signs a poster at a makeshift memorial at the BART Fruitvale Station, site of the killing. (Michael Maloney / The Chronicle)
5 Things You Can Do Right Now About the Oscar Grant Shooting
Share w/ your peeps
by Makani Themba-Nixon
1. Digg the story so that the national media can pick up on it (Thanks, Jabari For this link):
2. Contact BART Director Carole Ward Allen and demand that 1) the officers involved be taken off duty without pay and charged and fully prosecuted; 2) there be an independent investigation of the shooting that includes a review of training and hiring practices; and 3) BART establish an independent residents’ review board for the police Call her at 510-464-6095 or email the BART Directors at BoardofDirectors@bart.gov
3. Call the BART police to complain about the officers’ conduct and demand immediate action:
Internal Affairs: Sergeant David Chlebowski 510.464.7029,email@example.com
Chief of Police: Gary Gee 510.464.7022, firstname.lastname@example.org
Call them toll free at 877.679.7000 and press the last four digits of the phone number you wish to reach.
4. Talk it up on your blogs, networks and talk radio shows (call Michael Baisden 877-6BADBOY or Rev. Al, etc. to get this on the national radar)
5. Stay tuned for other actions, protests, etc., especially if you are in the Bay.
For those who haven;’t seen the horrific video take a look and note that this our tax dollars at work:
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment