Muddy Waters: brilliant.
Tina Weymouth: brilliant.
DOWNLOAD (Full Mix + Tracked Out): DEVIL’S PIE AFROBEAT EDITION MIX
Mixed by DJ SEANO
1. Tony Allen – “Every Season”
2. Aphrodesia – “White Elephant”
3. Orgone – “Justice League”
4. Fela Kuti – “Gentleman”
5. Zongo Junction – “In The Begining”
6. Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra – “War Is A Crime”
7. Skeletons – “Marathon Man”
8. The Afromotive – “One Way Go”
9. Kaleta & Zozo Afrobeat – “Baba Nia Iya (Intense Hardship)”
10. Tony Allen – “What’s Your Fashion”
11. Zongo Junction – “In Heaven”
12. The Daktaris – “Eltsuhg Ibal Lasiti”
13. Belgian Afrobeat Association – “Mixed Emotions”
14. The Budos Band – “Aynotchesh Yererfu”
15. Fela Ransome Kuti & The Africa 70 – “Jeun Ko Ku (Chop’n Quench)”
16. Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra – “Uprising”
17. Tony Allen – “Crazy Afrobeat”
18. Seun Kuti + Fela’s Egypt 80 – “Don’t Give That Shit To Me”
19. Chico Mann – “Harmonia”
Download more DEVIL’S PIE mixes at www.devilspiesoul.com.
Filed under: Music | Tags: all is full of love, band of horses, beach house, bjork, grief, love, maxwell, no surprises, pretty wings, que sera sera, radiohead, requiem, sade, sly family stone, smashing pumpkins, soma, the funeral, the safest place, zebra
Last week, my wife and I experienced a devastating loss. We are overcome by immeasurable grief but have also received unlimited love and support from the community. Here is the soundtrack:
1. Intro (Spoken by Denise Burgher)
2. Beach House – “Zebra”
3. Sly & The Family Stone – “Que Sera Sera”
4. Sade – “The Safest Place”
5. Maxwell – “Pretty Wings”
6. Band Of Horses – “The Funeral” (Edit)
7. Smashing Pumpkins – “Soma”
8. Radiohead – “No Surprises”
9. Björk – “All Is Full Of Love” (Video Edit)
Filed under: Music, The Isms, Video | Tags: bobbi dai, chinese, communications university of china, faroukh virani, global exchange workshop, hip hop, save sessions, sessions la, usc
Sometime late in June of 2011, I received an email from a USC film student named Faroukh Virani. He was a part special course called the Global Exchange Workshop where 7 USC film students were paired with 7 students the Communications University of China in Beijing. Him and his partner, Bobbi Dai, were interested in making a short documentary addressing issues of race and identity in Asian American Hip Hop. Their plan was to interview as many Asian Americans involved with Hip Hop as possible. Long story short, they ended up focusing the documentary on me and my passions as a DJ & educator. I am really happy with the outcome as it gives me a chance to rave about being Chinese American, about being a Chinese American DJ, & about why I’ve chosen education as my main priority in life.
Our youth program, SESSIONS LA, is featured in this video alot…we are trying to save it right now. If you like what I do with the youth, please please please donate to our SAVE SESSIONS IndieGoGo campaign:
Filed under: Music | Tags: find mag, save sessions, sessions la, soul dojo, trebles and blues
LISTEN & DOWNLOAD: Trebles & Blues – Eight Notes Mix
If you are an emcee, singer, poet, etc. and you like what you hear, Trebles & Blues will make a custom beat for you if you donate $500 to our SAVE SESSIONS INDIEGOGO campaign. Save a youth program AND get beautiful music, that’s a win-win!